Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Keeping Lola Basyang at Bay

Maybe blame my 30th year of existence for putting up this post. Or, maybe be happy about what's in store for you as you comb through this blog. Ok so our topic for today is getting older. Hehe. You'd have to bear with me today as I am terribly in a lethargic state, probly too tired and stressed out physically. My brain is falling short of some cells and my speech is almost slurring!

Did you know that the way you actually "feel" about getting old affects your own aging process? In a Yale School of Public Health survey of 70-80 people, those who described “aging” as “senile, weak, tired and sad” were more inclined to suffer from age-related problems than those who had a more positive outlook. Positive thinking now is even being used to help patients recover from heart attacks, drug addiction, surgery and all sorts of other disease or mental condition! Imagine that? Who would have thought that even just your perception can contribute to your aging process. No wonder I see grandparents who don't look like their age; and when you talk to them, they're so full of zest and life.

I really pray that I can develop more into this positive outlook and mindset. Nothing to lose! Positive thinking isn't about false expectations. It's about being at a sound mental state that will challenge a person's maturity to actually learn to juggle being realistic or idealistic. Slowing down the aging process is a good benefit of positive thinking. But heck, I think that's just the fudge on our sundae. Positive thinking will get us through life with much joy... (instead of feeling sorry about ourselves, or dwell on the shoulda-woulda-coulda's).

Let me go look at myself in the mirror... There, I look so like 20. Hahaha.

The mouth of the righteous is a fountain of life (Proverbs 10:11).

The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit (Proverbs 18:21).
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen (Ephesians 4:29).

No comments: