Wednesday, December 07, 2005

My Hiding Place

Psalm 91:2
I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."

This verse speaks of David, declaring that God is his fortress and refuge. God was his sanctuary, a shelter from danger or hardship, a hiding place, the safest place we can ever run to. Can you picture it?

When problems come, putting our trust in God seems easier said than done. Learning to trust in God takes persevering practice - and a lot of it! Sometimes, even the littlest setbacks put us down.. but these circumstances enable God to sharpen us until we are sharp enough to take life's blows and realize that He is always by our side. And it doesn't stop there. God is saying, 'I'll take you in!', 'I'll save you!'...

We all have this privilege. No one is exempted. When trouble comes and you have no where to go, be confident that you can get through that storm. Why? Because God wants to save you and keep you safe in his abode. All you have to do is call on Him. Your head's beem telling you that you're not ready or perhaps not 'good enough' to come to God? It's a lie. Jesus came to call the sinners - us! You have faith? Nurture it. You have problems? Cry out to Him. You need a shoulder to cry on? God is ready to listen. Are you tired? God is the perfect sanctuary. Don't let yourself go through the storms alone. God is just here, waiting for you.

No comments: