Thursday, December 15, 2005

A Word of Encouragement

The other night, I felt such great encouragement with how Oli prayed. He's a very straight-forward man, concise and direct. His prayers are short but sweet, not wordy but clear. You can just imagine how funny he looks when I start praying. We're complete opposites! I would say I'm ma-chicka in my prayers, trying to cover everything that I've gone through the day. I'd nudge him sometimes to tell him to wake up (hehe).

After our prayers, we had a quick chit chat about how the day went. Oli shared with me some new opportunities for business and gave our two cents for each topic. Just as he was speaking, I received a word from God. Amazing. I wasn't even sure, until I told Oli... God started with, 'Rache, look at your priorities, iron out the folds, and keep on seeking me'. Then He continued, 'I will raise Oli to be a great leader, someone like Robert Kiyosaki. But tell him I want him to know Me more.' Whoa. I couldn't believe it. Was it just my head? Was I hearing voices? Am I out of my mind? I paused for a few seconds.. Ok, checklist. Was it encouraging? Yes. Was it pleasing? Yes. Was it good? Yes. Did it give you peace? Yes! I tapped Oli on his shoulder, sat up and told him, 'Baby I just received a Word from God!'. He stared at me (probably thinking I was out of my mind.. hehe) and said nonchalantly, 'how? what?' I proceeded to narrate how it went. Oli looked up and said, amazed, 'well, actually.... I was thinking about that this morning! I was pretending to have the skill set of Robert Kiyosaki, trying to help and encourage people.' We both felt so uplifted. We actually slept with a smile.

God speaks to us daily, yes He does! Through situations, other people, circumstances, problems and even dreams. Oftentimes, we're pre-occupied with what we want, how we want to think about things, or we simply choose not to listen. I remember those faint voices in my head telling me don't do this or don't do that, go here or go there, etc. That's God. He speaks to you and me at any given time, if we know and choose to listen. How? Tune in to His channel by praying continually, enter His presence, seek Him at all times. Be blessed!

20 Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. 21 Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." Isaiah 30:20-21

No comments: