Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Submission to Authority

I used to cringe everytime I hear or read about this subject - Submission to Authority. Well, I somehow still cringe on it now. Not because I have problems with submitting to my boss or anything like that, but it's more of being submissive to my better half. Not so much of a grave concern, though. Perhaps, it's more of the day to day, small, even trivial decisions that need to be quickly made, that has to be my way and my call. It may have caused a few bickering here and there, but I'm glad that things are starting to smooth out little by little. Till then, I need to get over the paradigm of seeing myself as a woman of the decade (haha), that I am one with a strong personality.

Hearing the story of Daniel from our Bible study last night made me think about what exactly 'submission' is and how it is applied as a wife. Turns out that God's commands are pretty straightforward. Heck, there aren't any 'how to's' and 'what not to's'. But of course there has to be a sense of balance, logic and respect on both sides. These virtues, I would say, would come of course, if you will choose to live according to God's Will. It's going to come on bit by bit, or even all at one big blow - as long as we choose to live in obedience.

So I leave myself with one assignment. Nothing fancy. Nothing complicated. Nothing that a willful heart cannot do. (pray for me) haha :-) SUBMIT.

No comments: