Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Who Do You Live For?

*Who Do You Live For?*

Proverbs 12:9 "Better to be a nobody and yet have a servant than pretend to be somebody and have no food."

Doesn't this verse hit the spot? Last night our cell group's topic was on "How to Develop a Healthy Self-Image". A lot of us walk unaware of who we really are. We desire so many things of this world and yet, we are never satisfied with what we have. Perhaps if we all bank on what God says about us, then we wouldn't have to be burdened from being "somebody" else. We don't have to be a pale imitation of someone else.

I'm glad to see my identity now in Christ Jesus who saved us. I am not perfect, nor am I trying to pretend to be one. But what I do know is that I strive hard to live in obedience, to be a woman of integrity and of godliness. Yes I am a work in progress. I stumble, I fall, I make mistakes. Now who doesn't?

I am just so over the "dating", the "arrive". I am just so fed up with the "I'll do this so that other people will look up to me". I am ever fed up with the "I gotta have this so other people will think I'm rich". No one can ever please every single human being on earth. We live to please our one and ONLY God.

I like what Lala said last night during our warm-up. "I'd like to be able to live [a godly life] in this world; but not allow the world to 'live' in me." It's always a choice. Would you like to live for God or live for a perishable world?`

No comments: