Monday, January 30, 2006

What the WORLD can't fill - God CAN

Going on-leave for even a day can just about refresh anyone. I mean it has recharged me with much energy for the week and it's great to be up and about - doing nothing. So, I just finished cooking for tomorrow's meal .. and here I am poking my keyboard away. I don't have actually any breaking news to share, but I do want to emphasize how God's been utterly awesome this week. Twas my son's 8th birthday last Saturday and God was gracious enough to provide; I've heard of our cell leader's mom ready to leave the hospital soon after being in the ICU for weeks; My husband and his friend is moving forward with their new business; My brother is hungrier everyday for God's Word; I see people still with that g0-get-em attitude despite that EVAT rising up to 12% this February.

If only we can look at the world through God's eyes, we will definitely feel that the world isn't cruel after all. I know I've harped on making the right choices in my previous posts.. but, at the end of the day, these choices determine where we will be the following day. It's not always easy to let an offense go when our flesh tells us to take revenge. It isn't easy to smile when things went real bad at work or at home. It isn't easy to wake up the following day when you know you've got problems as big as the Titanic to face. It isn't easy to lift yourself up when someone has dumped you for the most preposterous reasons.

But one thing's for sure. Our GOD is at the most appropriate place to fill that void in our hearts and lead us to the right direction. Of course the pain will not subside in an instant. But when we continue to seek Him with all our hearts and yearn for Him, God is faithful enough to fill it. Sure we may have had a painful experience, however, the beauty of it all is that we can surely get out of that rut - with God. How else can you imagine getting out of your problems now when before you thought things seemed bleak? That's God working for you. No matter what it is we are going through, God is ABLE to make us choose the right decisions. From the most trivial cases to the complex ones, HE is much able to create a way out. Have you tried calling out to Him lately?

Matthew 11:28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

No comments: